Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Boston Half Marathon; Houston 5k

Boston Half Marathon

Registration for the Boston Half Marathon opened this morning...and closed just 2 hours later. The field size limit was reached that quickly. Wow.

Houston 5k

I'm thinking about running the Houston 5k on Jan. 30, 2011.  It coincides with the Houston Marathon, which is one of the marathons that is commonly used to qualify for the Boston Marathon.  If I ever do get to the point where I feel like I'm ready to try to qualify for Boston, I'll probably do it at the Houston Marathon.  There are certain marathons that the Boston Athletic Association expressly recognizes as marathons that can be used to qualify for Boston (although they point out that this is not an all-inclusive list). The Houston Marathon is the closest of those that are listed, making it the most likely choice for me.  So, if I get to that point, I think it would be good to have at least have had some experience running down there, even if it's just the 5k.  Besides, I think it would be fun to travel for a race.

No comments:

Post a Comment