It's been over a week since my last post. Things have been pretty busy, and I still don't feel like I have time to write much, but I would like to make a quick list of some things that have been going on in my running world over the past couple of weeks.
- First I have to say how proud I am of my wife, who ran her first 5k last Saturday! She has really been working hard and she did a great job.
- Last Saturday I completed my first 10 mile run. Each time I reach a new milestone like this, it gives me confidence that I can be ready for my first half marathon coming up in December.
- I've set new PR's for my 5k and 10k over the past two weeks :) I'm calling them unofficial since they were training runs. I've got a 10k coming up on Sept 25, and a 5k on Oct 16. Can't wait.
- I got a new Nathan hydration belt (Speed 2R Auto-Cant), found it on Amazon for $25! I used it during my 10mi run last Saturday. Two thumbs up! I'll admit that it bothered me for the first half mile or so, but then I got used to the feel of it and by mid run forgot it was even there.
- Over the past couple of weeks, I've started trying to eat something during my long runs. Two weeks ago it was strawberry-banana GU, last saturday it was rasberry Hammer Gel. The Gu tasted better, but the Hammer gel gave me more of an energy boost. I've got a stash of other miscellaneous things to try (gels, Clif shots, jelly beans). The goal is to sort out some likes/dislikes in time for my half marathon in December.
That's it for now. Have a great weekend!