Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Marathon Training - Week 4 of 30

Today I made it official and registered for my first full marathon! Now that I have money riding on this, I really have to follow through! 


So, here's the training schedule for this week, which is week 4 of the 30-week schedule:

  • Monday - scheduled rest
  • Tuesday - 3 mile run
  • Wednesday - 4 mile run
  • Thursday - 3 mile run
  • Friday - scheduled rest
  • Saturday - 5k race
  • Sunday - 1 hour walking


Last week's training went great. The most challenging day was Saturday. Not just because it was the longest run (5 miles), but because I was traveling and on vacation - two things that make it more difficult to get in a run. Traveling adds to the challenge because I'm in an unfamiliar area and there's always the chance that I may not have packed all of my running gear. Also, being on vacation means I want to stay up late and sleep in. But I'm proud to say that I sucked it up and grinded out the 5 mile run on the hotel treadmill. By the way - running on a treadmill is NOT my thing at all. If running on a treadmill was my only option, I would not be a runner. Part of the appeal of running for me is being out and about, exploring. 


Happy National Runner's Day!



No comments:

Post a Comment