Monday, June 20, 2011

Marathon Training - Week 7 of 30

Seven - 240/365Image by morberg via Flickr
I'm training for my first marathon, which will be the White Rock Marathon in Dallas on December 4, 2011. My training week runs from Monday to Sunday. Today is Monday, which means the beginning of a new training week!

First, a quick review of last week (week 6):


  • Monday - scheduled rest - completed
  • Tuesday - 3 mile run - completed
  • Wednesday - 4 mile pace run - completed
  • Thursday - 3 mile run - completed
  • Friday - scheduled rest - completed
  • Saturday - 7 mile run - completed
  • Sunday - 1 hour walking - completed


Not much that was notable about last week's runs. It felt good to get in a 7 mile run. I hadn't run further than a 10k since January. My pace was about right for now. I was wanting to keep it easy - between 10.5 and 11 min/mile - and finished with an average pace of 10:46. Nothing to brag about, but I covered the distance, which is the most important thing right now. I'm trying to finish this marathon, not win it :) And I have to say, that slowing down a bit really makes these long runs so much more enjoyable than trying to push it faster and being miserable for the whole thing.


Now on to this week.

This week is week 7. The mid-week run gets a bit longer this week, and the Saturday long run gets a bit longer too. Here's what's on the schedule for this week:


  • Monday - scheduled rest
  • Tuesday - 3 mile run
  • Wednesday - 5 mile pace run
  • Thursday - 3 mile run
  • Friday - scheduled rest
  • Saturday - 8 mile run
  • Sunday - 1 hour walking


Have a great week!


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment