Monday, June 27, 2011

Marathon Training - Week 8 of 30

Eight (Catonsville, MD)Image by takomabibelot via Flickr
I'm training for my first marathon, which will be the White Rock Marathon in Dallas on December 4, 2011. My training week runs from Monday to Sunday. Today is Monday, which means the beginning of a new training week!

First, a quick review of last week (week 7):

  • Monday - scheduled rest - completed
  • Tuesday - 3 mile run - completed
  • Wednesday - 5 mile pace run - completed
  • Thursday - 3 mile run - completed
  • Friday - scheduled rest - completed
  • Saturday - 8 mile run - completed
  • Sunday - 1 hour walking - did two days of fence repairs instead

Last week was a pretty good challenge. Both my mid-week run and my Saturday run both increased by a mile, plus the mid-week run was at the slightly faster "pace" speed. It feels good to have come through last week hitting all of my goals. Because it doesn't get any easier, with the temps getting hotter and the miles getting longer.



Now on to this week.

This week is week 8. The Saturday long run gets a bit longer again, pushing my weekly mileage to 20 miles for the first time in a long time. But I get a bit of a break because my mid-week run is an easy run this week instead of a pace run. 



Here's what's on the schedule for this week:

  • Monday - scheduled rest
  • Tuesday - 3 mile run
  • Wednesday - 5 mile run
  • Thursday - 3 mile run
  • Friday - scheduled rest
  • Saturday - 9 mile run
  • Sunday - 1 hour walking

Have a great week!

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment