Thursday, January 27, 2011

Two days later

Ran a 400m time trial two days ago.

My hamstrings are still sore.

Not painful as in "I think I pulled something" sore. Just achy and tight.

I imagine more experience runners are chuckling at my surprise to all of this. But I am surprised that I'm more sore from running a 400m time trial than I was after running a 5k, a 10k, or even a half marathon.

One thing I forgot to mention about the time trial: I'm impressed with how close the McMillan running calculator was in predicting my 400m time trial results:
McMillan prediction: 1:24
Actual time: 1:21
Not bad. Well done, McMillan.

Last night I did an easy 3.5 mile run. The run went pretty well considering my aching hamstrings. Actually they didn't hurt at all during the run. But my legs did feel weaker than usual.

I've got another easy run on the schedule for tonight, then a rest day tomorrow.

It's good to be on the downhill side of Wednesday. Why is this week going so much slower than my vacation week last week?


.

No comments:

Post a Comment