Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Super Bowl 5k!

The San Francisco 49ers' Super Bowl XXIX troph...Image via Wikipedia
One of my goals for 2011 is to run more races than I did in 2010. That means at least seven, but I'm aiming for 7-9 races this year.

I'll be getting a quick start on this goal by running my first race of 2011 this Saturday. Last night, on a whim, I registered for the Super Bowl XLV 5k. The registration fee was only $10, and they are giving away a pair of tickets to the Super Bowl. Plus, I get a long-sleeve t-shirt. The race will be run through what looks like a pretty nice park area that I'm not familiar with, so it's also a good chance to check out a new park. It's a bit out of the way for regular runs, but it's always nice to have options when I have the time to drive a bit for a run.

My primary goal for this race is to win Super Bowl tickets. Other than that, I'm not taking the actual race too seriously, although it may really depend on how competitive I'm feeling that morning. Considering that I'm just coming off a bout with the flu, I'm not really feeling 100% ready to go out and PR. But who knows? Anyway, it's always fun to go run a race. I can't wait to win those Super Bowl tickets and post my first race bib for 2011.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment