A few observations about running in SF:
- There are alot of runners!
- My Garmin takes alot longer to find satellites in SF - several minutes compared to several seconds back home.
- SF runners don't do the nod/wave to oncoming runners very often (it seems almost expected back home).
- SF would be a great place to do hill work - there are some insane hills!
- There's plenty of room for foot traffic across the Golden Gate bridge, so next visit I will try to plan a run across and back. But BYOB - when I arrived at 5:30pm on a weekday, the only place that sells water and other drinks was already closed.
- One disappointment was that I missed the B2B race by one day. I didn't find out about it until I was in SF, and by then it really was too late to change my travel plans.
This week I'm back home. I enjoy traveling, but it's nice to get back to my family. Here's my training plan for this week:
- Monday - scheduled rest
- Tuesday - 3 mile run
- Wednesday - 3 mile run
- Thursday - 3 mile run
- Friday - scheduled rest
- Saturday - 4.5 mile run
- Sunday - 1 hour walking