Monday, September 5, 2011

Marathon Training - Week 18 of 30

Number 18Image by Kasaa via Flickr
I'm training for my first marathon, which will be the White Rock Marathon in Dallas on December 4, 2011. My training week runs from Monday to Sunday. Today is Monday, which means the beginning of a new training week!

First, a quick review of last week (week 17):
  • Monday - scheduled rest - completed
  • Tuesday - 3 mile run - completed
  • Wednesday - 6 mile run - completed
  • Thursday - 3 mile run - completed
  • Friday - scheduled rest - completed
  • Saturday - 12 mile run - completed
  • Sunday - cross-training - 9mi cycling completed
  • Total distance run - 24 miles


Another week of temps in the 100's! The highlight of last week's schedule was the 12mi long run. I was a little nervous about running that distance in summer, but it turned out to be a pretty good run. I got an early start, and the temps were in the mid 70's for most of the run. I ran with a friend of mine for miles 6-9, which made that part of the run really fly by. I finished strong, which made me feel like my training is really working. 


Now on to this week - Week 18 (Week 6 of Hal Higdon's Novice 2 program):

I'm catching a break this week. It's another step-back week, so I have a shorter long run. Plus, as an added bonus, there are much cooler temps in the forecast for this week. It should be a great week!

Here's what's on this week's schedule:
  • Monday - scheduled rest
  • Tuesday - 3 mile run
  • Wednesday - 6 mile pace run
  • Thursday - 3 mile run
  • Friday - scheduled rest
  • Saturday - 9 mile run
  • Sunday - cross-training
  • Total running mileage - 21 miles

Have a great week!
Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments: