Monday, July 18, 2011

Marathon Training - Week 11 of 30

ElevenImage by Wetsun via FlickrI'm training for my first marathon, which will be the White Rock Marathon in Dallas on December 4, 2011. My training week runs from Monday to Sunday. Today is Monday, which means the beginning of a new training week!


First, a quick review of last week (week 10):

  • Monday - scheduled rest - completed
  • Tuesday - 3.5 mile run - completed
  • Wednesday - 6 mile pace run - completed
  • Thursday - 3.5 mile run - completed
  • Friday - scheduled rest - completed
  • Saturday - 10 mile run - completed
  • Sunday - 1 hour walking - substituted yard work
  • Total distance run - 23 miles

So I'm now 1/3 of the way through this training cycle, which feels good. So far I'm 100% as far as training runs go. I've missed a couple of the Sunday walks, but I've still been active enough in those cases to make up for it. So far, so good.

But, that said, I think that week 10 was the first week that actually felt like marathon training. 

Two runs from last week really stand out. The 6mi  pace run and the 10mi long run were both very challenging.

The temps continued to be in the low to mid 80's for my runs last week. I'm looking forward to these runs getting easier once it cools down in a couple of months.


Now on to this week - Week 11.

This week I get a bit of a mid-week break. The Wednesday run this week is an easy run instead of a pace run. That's a good thing, because I'll need the extra rest to get ready for the 11mi run scheduled for Saturday. The 10mi run last week was tough. Adding another mile to that run this week will be a serious challenge.

Here's this week's schedule:

  • Monday - scheduled rest
  • Tuesday - 3.5 mile run
  • Wednesday - 6 mile run
  • Thursday - 3.5 mile run
  • Friday - scheduled rest
  • Saturday - 11 mile run
  • Sunday - 1 hour walking

Have a great week!
 

Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. Great running last week Brian! Good luck with this week's schedule. Just take it slow and remember to enjoy it!

    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice! lots of luck on the long run this weekend!

    ReplyDelete