Saturday, June 9, 2012

P90X - Three Hardest Workouts

This weekend I'll wrap up week 4 of the P90X program. I'm following the "classic" program, plus running three times per week. I do P90X in the evenings, and run early morning on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday. My runs are just easy 3.5 to 4.5 mile runs.

So while I'm only about 1/3 of the way through the P90X program so far, here's the top 3 most challenging workouts for me so far:

3. Legs & Back - I'm a runner, but I've never been a fan of leg workouts. This workout seems like it's basically a leg workout with some back work just to give your legs a break. The wall squats are a killer.

2. Ab Ripper X - 15 minutes of pain. If you can actually hang with this, you probably don't need P90X.

1. Yoga X -  The toughest workout of them all. The first 40 minutes of this are a nightmare, and could be a complete workout called squat and plank (or downward dog) because it seems like that's what's actually happening here. When Tony says it's the best downward dog of your life at the end of the first 40 min, he's not kidding. I'm always so happy to get to the balance poses. But then the ab 7 come at the end, just to give you a nice uppercut at the end of this thing for the final knockout. I sleep well on yoga nights.

So those are the top 3 most challenging P90X workouts for me so far. Although I should say that none of the workouts are easy, but these three stand out as being particularly challenging for me.




No comments:

Post a Comment