Tuesday, June 5, 2012

P90X Phase I Complete

I'm still hanging in there with the P90X program. Over the weekend I completed week 3, which is the end of phase I. This week is a recovery week, then phase II starts next week.

The workouts are all pretty challenging still, but I'm getting better at it. I think the toughest workouts for me are the yoga and the legs/back. Also, the ab-ripper workout is pretty tough. Yoga and legs both involve alot of crouching, which kills my thighs. Yoga also has some pretty crazy poses that I'm not quite flexible enough for, but I can say that I'm improving.

I'm also still running 3x per week. The runs are slow and challenging for the most part. I usually do P90X in the late evening, then get up and run early, so my legs and core are usually still tired from the workout the night before. I think of it like simulating the late part of a long run, like the last few miles of a half marathon. So while it's hard, I think it's good training since my current goal is to PR my half this fall.

That's it for now. Hope everyone is enjoying the last of the spring weather before the heat starts really kicking in!

No comments:

Post a Comment