Thursday, December 30, 2010

The break continues

3D model of an influenza virus.Image via Wikipedia
Mug shot of Mr. Flu Cell
Got in to see the doc yesterday. It's either the flu or laryngitis (or both). And it's the reason I've now gone a complete week without running an inch. I did, however, wake up this morning feeling a slight (very slight) bit better, so maybe I've turned the corner on this thing.

I wrote last week that I don't let it bother me when I miss a run. Well, missing a week of runs does bother me. But I'm trying to stay positive. The mere fact that it bothers me to miss a week of running shows how far I've come over the past year. Because a year ago, missing a week of running was the norm; now it bugs me.

Also, on another positive note, I have already exceeded my total mileage goal for 2010. So maybe I'm due for a break, right?

Anyway, so I'm hoping that I have turned the corner on this thing, and that I'll be back out on the street pounding the pavement soon - maybe today.


.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment